Community Mental Health South
Community Mental Health South consists of two teams, one based at Hawke's Bay Fallen Soldiers' Memorial Hospital and another at Central Hawke's Bay Health Centre. They provide a range of services including:
- Adult mental health and addiction team - an integrated multidisciplinary team providing assessment and treatment services at homes and also in a clinic setting.
- Maternal Mental Health a disciplinary team to support mothers and pregnant women who have mental health issues through the perinatal period.
- Home based treatment - supporting clients to remain at home when experiencing an acute episode of mental illness that would otherwise require hospital admission.
- Opioid treatment service - a specialist service focused on reducing the harms of opioid dependence.
- The Psychiatric Consultation Liaison Service is dedicated to assist staff in the management of general hospital patients who also have concurrent psychiatric presentations.